History of Cinnamon dating back as far as Ancient Egypt. It used to be rare and precious component. Cinnamon was considered as a fine gift fit for kings and queens.
The finest Cinnamon, Ceylon Cinnamon is often referred as “True Cinnamon”, Originated from Sri Lanka and not being found in anywhere else on earth.
The other type of cinnamon is commonly known as ‘Cassia’ and must not be confused with ‘True cinnamon’, which is vastly different from nutritive and, health perspectives. Strong aroma, smooth texture, delicate flavor and, sweetness are naturally blended in Ceylon cinnamon/true cinnamon.
|Ceylon Cinnamon||True cinnamon / Pure cinnamon||Cinnamomum verum|
|Cassia||Chinese cinnamon||Cinnamomum cassia|
- Loaded with powerful antioxidants that prevent cancers
- Anti-inflammatory: fight against infections and repair tissue damages
- Reduces bad cholesterol (LDL), lowering blood pressure and, cut down risks of heart attacks
- Beneficial effects on neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimer, Parkinson)
- Ant-diabetes effects: Reducing blood sugar levels
Extra benefits of Ceylon Cinnamon
Ultra-low levels of ‘Coumarin’*
*Where, Coumarin is a chemical substance that causes toxicity and liver damage if consumed over the daily limits.
|Category||Coumarin content||Coumarin percentage||Note|
|Ceylon cinnamon||0.017g/kg||0.0017%||ultra-low level|
|Cassia||7-18 milligrams per teaspoon|
|0.03%||~18x higher level|
|Indonesian & Korintje cinnamon, Padang cassia||2.15g/kg||0.215%||~125x higher level|
|Saigon cinnamon, Vietnamese cassia, Vietnamese cinnamon||6.97g/kg||0.7%||~400x higher level|